Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good Morning!

Yes, it is!

Sorry about the awkward posts yesterday. My iphone would not let me type in the body of the post, just the title. Go figure.

Well, I was kicked out at around 9 last night. Okay, kicked out is a little strong, they were going to allow me to stay a little past visiting hours (9am-9pm) but since they were NOT allowing me to stay the night. Not happy about that, but what are you going to do.

As most of you know, his surgery went VERY well. They think they got it all and the margins were clean and defined. When someone complained of how dreary and yucky our weather was, I said, "On the contrary, this is the most beautiful day we have ever had in San Antonio!" And it was (and still is).

The first few hours in ICU were rough - they could not manage his pain! It was awful. But after several drugs and an adjusting to the epidural, we had a couple of great hours. So good in fact that when the doc (who has a Greek first name - Petros) came in to check on Steve, Steve said, 'Hey Pete, what's the skinny?" He does not go by Pete. :-) But alas, those hours came to an end and he require much more medication and he did a lot of sleeping - not a bad thing though. When I left, he was ready to call it a night and I turned off all the lights and went home.

I called his nurse this morning, and he a great night and was just then sitting up in a chair. Yea! The first step to getting out of the ICU and moving to the "step down unit" AKA NSICU - Not so intensive care unit. But it's not a regular ward either. Better nurse to patient ratio.

Will post as I am able. I was way to tired to even think of trying to formulate sentences last night. I may post real quick "title" updates, during the day today. But don't quote me on that.

All your prayers have definitely been felt through this process. I will tell you that we have not missed an opportunity to share how God's hand has been in this. In fact, it is really pretty easy. Every one's first question is usually, "So how did they find this cancer?" And then we start with, "Well, I fell off the roof taking down Christmas lights..." And then we give them the background of how we even got to San Antonio to begin with. It's pretty smooth, actually.... :-) Even God's perfect plan included witnessing opportunities! Yea God!

Well, gotta run. Long day ahead of us. But I am excited to get back up there and see Steve! Keep those prayers coming for ALL of us.

Peace to all read...

No comments:

Post a Comment