Sunday, January 25, 2009

Try to do something nice...

Haven't posted in a while. I think my last post talked about Grandma and her last days on this earth. Well, all that came to pass. She is now with her Heavenly Father and rejoicing - but we miss her so.

Since our return from her funeral, it has been one thing after another: hubby finds out he broke 3 ribs when he fell taking down Christmas lights, they find a spot on his lung while doing all the x-rays & CT scans, Hubby has to serve on a Court Martial, and then a young family at BMT has a baby and is in need.

That's where the title "Try to do something nice..." comes from. Our 1st Shirt has been helping them out, but she took violently ill on Friday afternoon and had to driven to the ER by my hubby. So now it seems that I need to help do something for a family that has fallen through some other squadron cracks. Well, the story I got this afternoon seem to differ greatly from the story that was originally given to the Shirt. I put out e-mail pleas for help and got responses by the arm load. Just when I think that they are not in as much need as originally thought and I let everyone know, I find out that I am oh so wrong. I am exhausted from all this. I just want to go sleep for a week of so. Or sit up in bed with a bottomless coffee pot and and a stack of good books.

And speaking of books... I just finished The Shack. Wow. Probably the most thought prevoking book I have ever read - bar none. I have really looked at life and my relationship with God some much differently since I completed the book. It almost scares me. Should I really be that impacted by something like this? It feels almost like I am being unfaithful to God by feeling this way. Why couldn't the bible move me like this?

Wow, this was very theraputic. But I am still exhausted. And I really want to go lay down and chill out for the rest of the evening. Probably not happening though. I can dream can't I? :-)

Peace to all who read.

No comments:

Post a Comment