Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rat poop anyone???

On Thursdays (in BMT world) we have the Airman's Run. All the 8.5 weekers run in formation with the commander's , DOs, TSs, instructors, Shirts and sometimes the chaplains. They run down a road that is lined with family members. Everyone cheers them on. It's pretty cool. I love going. This is the first time the trainees will have seen their families in 8.5 weeks. This week was no different. A very wonderful experience as always. I love Thursdays.

After the run I went back to the squadron with my hubby and (after checking to make sure that the tour that was coming through was not going in the Wolf Den) I decided to clean out the closet in the Wolf Den. The Wolf Den is their "nice" room (carpet & pictures with nice furniture) that they use for meetings and briefings. The closet is a forgotten about space. I discovered it during our children's Christmas party. We needed forks. One of the MTIs told me to look in the closet in the Wolf Den. "There's a closet in the Wolf Den?" I asked. "Yes, " was the answer. So I ventured in to the black hole of party supplies to find quite a mess. It was full of old expired sodas that had exploded, Gatorade, juice boxes, bbq sauce, sugar & creamers that were well past there "best by" dates, 20,000 knives, 15,000 spoons, some Thanksgiving decorations and lots and lots of rat poop. Needless to say, almost everything in that closet got thrown out! It was almost a puking moment, it was so gross. But I survived. I finished up what I was doing, made the Wolf Den livable again and left so that I would not be underfoot for the tour. The tour, incidentally, was for a NASCAR driver named Reed Sorenson (who will be driving an AF sponsored car). Went to the Base Exchange, found 2 cute little cocktail dresses on clearance, went back to the squadron only to find my hubby still involved in his tour. So I went home. Usually I stay around and go to the Coin Ceremony and the Honor Grad Ceremony, but after all that rat poop, I was spent.

Guess I will go put on some running clothes and have a quick run and grill out some burgers. the kiddos want to go to the Y tonight, but I just want some down time. They will forgive me...I hope. :-)

Peace to all who read.

No comments:

Post a Comment