Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slowing down a bit...

Right now, I should be walking to church for bible study. But I'm not. I am right here - posting to a blog that nobody really knows exists. But, you know, who cares. I am finding it pretty therapeutic to sit and ramble like am doing. Then I am able to save the more meaty conversations for my hubby when he gets home from work.

Got most of my "To Do list" from yesterday done. All except for the bible study stuff. That is one of the reasons I am not on my way to the study right now. I am not really connecting with this study, unfortunately. I have NO desire to do the homework, and that is not like me. Love the ladies in the group and love the support. Just am not feeling moved by the study. I will be starting a Beth Moore study next Wednesday night (Esther). Am really looking forward to it.

The other reason I am not on my way to bible study is that, hopefully, I will be going by a bakery to pick up a cake to surprise my hubby with at work. His 1st shirt was supposed to order it and I would be it up and bring it in the end of his Commander's Call. Probably need to see if she did it or if I need to go and see what I can get on short notice. His birthday was last Friday and it was a lousy birthday for him. Thank you AF for making his birthday miserable. It stinks to have Court Martial duty on your birthday. And it stinks even more when you have to pass judgement on someone and punish them knowing that it will effect every aspect of the rest of their life. Makes it little hard to swallow your birthday cake. He knows the decision was the right one, but it did not make it any easier for him. Hope he does not have to do that again any time soon.

Need to close - things to do, places to go and people to see...

Peace to all who read.

2 comments:

  1. Hah. Found you! And now, we know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ... explain 1st Shirt to a non-military girl. And the spot on his lung? whazzup with that? And betraying your friends in Omaha. Bet'cha they just want you to be gloriously happy. I love reading about the fun things you are doing with new friends.

    I remember you telling me how 'not' a mama you were, but that was ok because Steve was such a great dad. You've turned into something totally amazing, Lonnie. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete