Saturday, February 25, 2012

And as quickly as the rains came...

The dry spell arrives.

I spent the last several weeks singing in the rain... now I am sitting in the scorching hot sun praying for rain.

I guess its times like these that I need to grab His hand and look straight ahead. Like a child that has been rambling in and out of trouble and sticky situations, my Daddy now has my hand and is asking me to go with Him (and to behave, but He says it much sweeter than that).

But can I do it? Can I grab ahold, hang on and know that the one who holds me, holds the future. One day. That's all I have to do. Just one day. Tomorrow will take care of its self.

I must have asked God for either patience, cuz He's giving me the opportunity to practice it. Or maybe I asked for peace. Not in the my world, but just peace...He's giving me the opportunity to look for it in all situations. I must be more specific.

My Lenten commitment was to blog/journal every day. Well, I'm batting 500! In baseball those would be great stats!

Other than the "rains" drying up, it's been a pretty good day. Got 6 miles in with Ray (of sunshine), got a bunch accomplished at the house and it looks like I can head to bed shortly. I can live with that.

Journey on my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment