Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm parched

My "promise" to myself was to blog my Lenten journey....  Well, it has not gone anywhere NEAR as planned.  In fact, so much so, that I have not been able to even put it into words.

I have been angry, sad, confused, hopeful, peaceful and a myriad of plenty of other emotions.  I almost feel bi-polar.  I have so many folks in my life that have had their lives turned upside down. 

God is in this.  I just can't hear Him right now.  Too close to the noise of chaos, I guess.  Maybe that is why He wakes me up so early every morning, so that He can have me before the rest of the world.  But in the quiet of the living room, I am still not hearing Him.  Maybe I am not trying hard enough.  I don't know.

I do know this:  I don't understand it.  And I wish it was different.  It's not necessarily the best response, but it is the best I got.  Just when I thought I had God all figured out.  Just when I thought I knew all the right words to use when I pray.  Just when I thought I was doing all the bible studies I needed.  Just when it looked like all was right in my world... 

In other news....  It was a pretty good day.  Got a five mile run in, got some stuff done around the house and got some food prepped for Small Group tomorrow night.  I also went to Wal-mart for 5 items and barely got out of their with only spending $137! Yep...nothing is going as planned.

With everyday is fresh new hope that I can do this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment